- To participate in the St. Matthew Athletic programs, a participant must be a student of St. Matthew Cathedral School.
- A St. Matthew student must be in good academic standing. The Principal and Athletic Director will check grades each quarter to determine continued athletic eligibility.
- A St. Matthew student needs to remain in good disciplinary standing. The Principal will consult with teachers if there is any question regarding a student's behavior. If a student is found to be in poor disciplinary status, the Principal will contact the Athletic Director to relay the action taken with the student. The Athletic Director will be in contact with the Coach.
- A St. Matthew student absent from school on the day of the scheduled sports event or practice may not participate in the event or practice. A student absent on Friday may participate in an event on Saturday or Sunday.
- A St. Matthew student may not participate in more than one sport at a time in the same season unless the sport is designated as a "Club" sport. A student may not quit one sport to join another which is running concurrently. A student is considered rostered if he or she attends the first two scheduled practices. The student who elects not to participate must inform the sports’ coach prior to the third scheduled practice.
- A St. Matthew student who is newly registered moving into the area may be eligible for participation dependent upon approval from the principal and the athletic director.
To order Spirit Wear, go to the following website: http://www.sportsindiana.com/webstore/St_Matthew_Spirit_Wear.html.
Student Participation: Once a season has started, no coach will be allowed to drop a player for unjust cause. He does have the authority to drop a player for disciplinary reasons with the Athletic Director’s and Principal’s approval.
ALL players must have their ICCL Agreement and Emergency Form completed and to the Athletic Director prior to participation in their first practice. All forms are good for one school year.
Emergency Medical Form
ICCL Athlete Contract
ICCL Coach’s Code of Ethics
Girls Sports - $35/sport
Boys Sports - $35/sport; Football - $50
* All Club Sports - Free
Concession stand fee (per family) – $35.00
Fees are to be paid before the first scheduled game. No student will be denied the opportunity to play a sport. If the fee cannot be paid, please call Sister Gianna Marie at 574-289-4535.