Schedule of Events
Saturday, August 13th
- 7:30am - Day of Eucharistic Adoration
- 5:00pm - Senior Soiree
- Immediately following the 4:00pm Mass on Sunday, there will be an opportunity for adult fellowship and appetizers in the Cathedral School cafeteria. Join us to socialize and reminisce about life at St. Matthew!
- Click here for more info.
- 7:00pm - Trivia Night and Silent Auction
- Bring your competitive spirit for an evening of fun at this adults-only (21+) event that is annually a community favorite. This year the proceeds will go to the Cathedral's organ restoration project.
- Click here for more info and registration e-mail.
Sunday, August 14th
- 11:00am - 100th Anniversary Mass
- Celebrated by Bishop Kevin Rhoades
- 12:00pm - Family Festival
- Everyone is invited to our parish family celebration after the 11:00am Mass. There will be music, food, games, and great people. Don't miss it!
- Click here for more info.
Please consider spending an hour in the presence of Our Lord on Saturday, August 13th. Eucharistic Adoration will take place from 7:30am (immediately following the 7:00am Mass) until just before the 4:00pm Mass begins. You are welcome to sign up yourself, or sign up as a group! Click here to register online.
From the Eucharist comes strength to live the Christian life and zeal to share that life with others. - Pope John Paul II
The Eucharist bathes the tormented soul in light and love. Then the soul appreciates these words: Come all you who are sick, I will restore your health. - St. Bernadette Soubirous
The greatest love story of all time is contained in a tiny white Host. - Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen
After the 4pm Mass on Saturday, we will be hosting an adults-only social gathering. There will be appetizers, historical memorabilia from the life of the parish, and fantastic fellowship. We will gather in the school cafeteria until Trivia Night begins at 7pm.
Our Trivia Night and Silent Auction is an adults-only event (21+) that will begin at 7:00pm (doors open at 6:30pm) on Saturday, August 13th in the St. Matthew School Gym. The theme this year will be the Roaring 20's, so feel free to come dressed in style! Tables are $200 each (seat as many as you would like). We will host 8 rounds of trivia, with a particular focus on local South Bend trivia and Police Chief Ruszkowski and Sister Joan will co-MC the event. You are welcome to bring your own food to share and we will have beer, wine, soft drinks, and water. There will also be a silent auction and a 50/50 raffle included in the evening's festivities. All proceeds from this event will go towards our organ restoration project.
- Team Contact Name
- Team Name
- Contact E-mail
- Contact Phone Number
The registration deadline is Friday, August 8th.
To commemorate 100 years of our parish, Bishop Kevin Rhoades will be presiding at our usual 11:00am Mass on Sunday, August 14th.
Our Family Festival after the 11am Mass on Sunday, August 14th will take place outside on the school grounds. There will be music, hot dogs, chips, cookies, cake, and Tacos Chumina will be bringing a food truck. We will also have a number of games set up around the grounds for families, and a covered tent in the school cafeteria parking lot. Join us for an afternoon of family-friendly fun!